Friday, September 24, 2010

Why I am in love with fall

September here has been heavenly. The weather has been so beautiful the kids and I have been practically living outside. Both kids have been in a great mood lately. Whenever the kids get bored or fussy at all, I can take them outside and they will both be happy. Being outside helps them get along well too.


Yesterday Brian was cleaning out the garage and I was working on weeding the front yard and keeping the kids entertained. I put Minna in the stroller and Joshua was having a blast pushing her around. I did have to keep an eye on them to make sure he didn't push her into the road, down the hill or into the cars. If Minna got fussy at all Joshua would stop pushing her and go around to the front of the stroller to sooth her. It was so cute.

We have been eating outside the last couple of days. Today I already had Minna and Joshua outside and I needed to go inside and grab dinner and bring it out. I asked Joshua to watch Minna and to make sure that the cats didn't get in the chair with her. The cats were no where to be seen and I could see both kids from the kitchen window, so Joshua actually had much less responsibility than he thought, but he did such a good job. He stood by her the entire time talking to her the entire time.

Then I was pushing Joshua in the swing. When I have both of them outside I will sing Joshua a song while I push him and then I will go do a song for Minna. It has helped Joshua start to accept the fact he has to share me a little bit. Today he told me that Minna should have the first turn. I thought that was super cute.

I don't know what I am going to do this winter, hopefully they will still get along without the calming influence of outside.

1 comment:

  1. Amen on all counts! It sounds like your yard is just perfect for your family too! I'd love to have a real yard....

    ReplyDelete