- Going to the splash park and Joshua not going near the water, but finding his love of sand.
- Me eating a few Popsicles, Joshua eating a fair amount of Popsicles, and Brian eating a lot of Popsicles. (Joshua would have lived off of Popsicles this summer had we let him)
- Playing in the wading pool on really hot days.--For the last two days I have nursed Minna and then put a swimming suit on Joshua then put sunscreen on the rest of us, by the time we make it outside after about 10 minutes Minna wants a nap. You think I would learn to just put some shade up for her, and save the nastiness of a sunscreeny baby.
- Going up the street to pet the neighbor's goats, horses, and see their chickens.
- Watching the road construction crew working, Joshua loves the tractors.
- Waking up at 6:00 at the morning even though the kids were sleeping because of the tractors.
- Being really annoyed that the tractors woke Joshua up, because they would be out of sight by 7:30 and then would come back during his nap time.
- Going down to the stream and seeing the frog go hop, hop, hop.
- Pushing Joshua in the stroller while wearing Minna in the moby wrap and going on walks and at every stream we would pass, Joshua would yell "Frog goes hop, hop, hop".
- Seeing lots of family.
- Hanging out with friends and their kids.
- Eating cherries or "Mommy Spit" with Joshua. When I give Joshua cherries I will cut off most of the flesh and give it to him, then I will eat what is left (who wants to waste a delicious cherry), then spit out the pit. The first time we did this Joshua started to spit out his cherries, so I told him that only Mommy needs to spit. Now when I ask Joshua if he wants cherries, he hollers "Mommy Spit, Mommy Spit".
- Going to county fairs.
- It was really hot and humid.
- Putting Minna in her chair in the shade and pushing Joshua in the swing.
- Joshua dashing off of his swing to keep the cats away from Minna.
- Nursing Minna in the shade on cooler afternoons while Joshua plays outside.
- Brian putting up the fence.
- Brian and Joshua mowing the lawn together.
- Learning how to make bread.
- Minna learning to sleep through the night.--I am sure she will be up tonight.
- Drawing with chalk on the deck-especially when playing in the wading pool.
- Joshua running around with the fly swatter yelling "Hit the bug! Hit the bug!"
- Watching the deer outside.
- Joshua getting really dirty, several days he would get two baths.
- Getting up at 4:00 to nurse Minna and it was starting to get light outside.
It was a wonderful summer and it is so fun to help the kids enjoy and explore.




No comments:
Post a Comment