- He is obsessed with birthdays lately. I don't know why, but he likes me to sing the primary birthday songs and thinks it is his birthday almost everyday. Fortunately he doesn't remember that birthdays mean presents and cake. I think he thinks that Halloween is related to his birthday because he will see a picture of a pumpkin and say Happy Birthday and try to blow out the candle.
- He loves to sing. He knows the words to several primary songs and Disney songs, as well as some nursery rhymes.
- He is a good big brother. When we are going somewhere or getting back and Minna is fussing in her car seat he will go over and rock the car seat and sing to her. He also loves to make her laugh. If something he does makes her laugh he will do it over and over again.
- He loves to be outside. I think he loves the freedom because it is a lot harder for him to get into trouble outside, he can yell, run around, be rowdy and just be a kid.
- He still tries hard to please his friends, but he is starting to get opinions of how he wants things and what toys/stuff he wants. We were at the store the other day and I was pushing Joshua around in one of those gigantic carts that have a car in the front. Joshua saw another little boy riding in a car cart and started yelling at him "This is my cart. OKAY!" over and over again. I told Joshua that the boy wouldn't take his cart. But Joshua kept yelling it. But then he would be all friendly and wave and say "Bye, bye". The other mom and I were cracking up.
- He is getting an independent streak and is wanting to start to do more things for himself. That is great except for when we are trying to get out the door and he insists on doing his own zipper. I have started trying to do stuff like that while Minna is napping so I have the time and patience to watch him struggle through it.
- He is very strong physically, but not very graceful. He falls over a lot, but always bounces up. He still has the little kid pot gut, but it is all muscle. He runs everywhere he can, especially when he is outside. He also loves to jump.
Happy half birthday little guy.
Today I am thankful for the miracle of modern medicine which saved my little boy's life 2 1/2 years ago.




Yay for modern medicine, none of our little guys (mine is the only girl....) would have made it otherwise! **HUGS** It sounds like he is growing up. When did that happen? ;) Actually, he sounds a lot like Destiny right now. lol.
ReplyDelete