Sunday, July 29, 2012

County Fair

Last week was the Saratoga County Fair.  Our family loves the fair, and it was on Joshua's calendar since January.  There is so much to see and do and even going twice and seeing different things both times we didn't get close to seeing everything.  Here are some of the highlights from our trip as a family.

The electric company had a safety show showing what would happen if you touched live lines.  There were plenty of sparks and explosions.  You could also get your picture taken in a lift bucket.  Joshua is a ham.
There was a real caboose there and we even got to go inside.  It was like a cramped camper trailer, which makes since because they were living and working there.

They had this cool playhouse with a swing out front and a loft inside.

 Then we did the rides.  We will pay for 2 rides for the kids and they each paid for a third ride.  Joshua collects cans and bottles and gets the deposit back on them, and he has been saving up for his ride. 
Minna refused to look like she was having fun but she really was. 
The exhibits were fun too.  We hardly saw any of them, but we went to the agriculture building and while Brian and I were checking out on how to improve our garden (aka grow anything) the kids got to play. Here they are picking fruit from a tree.
A kind of funny side story.  I guess Minna looks really young.  The first time we went we were at the playhouse (it was the only thing we visited twice) and Minna climbed up the loft and then I saw her climb back down.  Later I hear a lady saying a really little girl is climbing the ladder.  I go and check and it was Minna, I say that she is fine.  The lady looks at me like I am crazy to let her climb up there.  Then when we came back with Brian, the kids went on one ride together. We let Minna just walk on with Joshua.  A lady near us says to us wow I can't believe you let her go on alone.  We responded that she was two and she was fine.  All the while thinking of course she can follow her brother into a seat while we are 5 feet away prompting her.  The lady says to us, I thought she was no more than 18 months old.  And we got the impression that she would have guessed younger had we not just told her Minna was two. 

Then when the ride was over Joshua got off and Minna just sat there.  Brian tells her to get off, and Minna looks at the man running the ride and holds her arms out and makes him carry her to Brian.  She sure knows how to get what she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment