Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Tree


This year I wanted to help Joshua start learning about being thankful, especially during the thanksgiving season. So we made a thanksgiving tree. Then everyday we would add a leaf or more with things that we are thankful for. Joshua would always say movies, so I would ask him what else, and he would usually add reading, and if he was in a good mood several more things.

When Joshua was sick we added tons of leaves. It was amazing how much help we received. It also amazed me that even though we were going through a tough time how blessed we felt.

The tree did its job, Joshua was super excited for Thanksgiving, and even thought Thanksgiving couldn't happen until we got enough leaves on the tree. This is what our tree looks like.

Every time we would write what we were thankful for on the leaves, Joshua would ask," What are you thank you for?"

2 comments:

  1. Turned out great! Our tree was kinda lame this year..Not that we're not thankful, I just kept forgetting to have the girls do it.

    ReplyDelete