Joshua's birthday is the starting point of our birthday 2 1/2 weeks at the Nix home. He was so excited, I thought he was excited when he was turning 4, but he was more excited this year. One of these years soon his excitement level had better level off, or he may literally burst from excitement.
He had a hard time going to sleep the night before and woke up bright and early the next morning. He came down the stairs holding up five fingers saying , "Mom, I am 5 years old." over and over again. He got to wear his birthday shirt, which as of right now he has only worn it on his and his sisters birthdays.
That morning at school he had swim class. A lot of parents are around for swim to help their kids change and what not. Joshua was telling everybody he was five and was loving all the attention. He got to bring the snack for school that day, and I sent him with raspberry, blueberry, dark chocolate muffins. They are close to healthy and yummy. His teachers sent him home with a goody bag with little cheap toys, and he absolutely adored them.
That night for dinner he wanted mummy hot dogs, so that was dinner with sweet potato fries. I made him a superhero cake using the super hero figurines I found at the dollar store. It was easy and he liked it.
We ended the night with Joshua opening the transformers that Brian and I gave him. We bought transformers made for 5 years and up, but it takes Brian and I a lot of concentration, and the instructions to transform them, so they are semi permanently in robot form. He got to open is grandparent gift the night before so he could tell them thank you on the phone.
Joshua loved every phone call. He especially loved it when they would ask how old he was. I thought he would get bored of it, but every time he would exclaim, "I am 5 years old!!!". So he had a nice low key, but enjoyable birthday.
Summer fun with people I love
5 weeks ago




No comments:
Post a Comment