Sunday, June 23, 2013

Magic Forest

For Joshua's last preschool field trip we went to the Magic Forest up in Lake George.  At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, it was almost an hour away, and I was kind of burnt out about school, but a friend talked me into going and I am glad she did.  And as a bonus Brian was able to take Miriam for the day, so I could go just with the big kids.

The Magic Forest is an amusement park that probably hasn't been updated in 40-50 years, including the seatbelts that were made of rope.  They also had these statues that I thought were super creepy.  I was convinced if you stayed there after dark, they would come alive and get you.  Fortunately the kids were not scared of them.  I didn't take any pictures, but here are some links courtesy of Google.  Uncle Sam,   Santa Clause, and Paul Bunion

We met up with some friends and Joshua had a blast riding the rides with K.  They ended up in different preschool classes at school, so it has been fun to meet up at different field trips occasionally.  I didn't get any pictures of the two of them though. 

Minna rode around with her friend C and a girl from K's class. 
 
The funniest part is when Minna got hungry before everyone else and sat out a ride to eat her lunch.  Then everyone else came and ate, and Minna went and rode the ride all by herself.  There was not another kid on the ride at all.  And it was the only time the whole day I saw Minna smile on a ride.  She was in heaven riding that caterpillar around without anyone near her. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment